Studying can often be a struggle. What can you do when people around you are talking or there’s construction outside driving you crazy?
I have come up with a few alternative solutions.
1. Music. Your favorite music. For me personally, this is a bit too distracting and prohibits me from reading, but I can enjoy music when I am doing math problems.
2. Music you don’t know. This can be good because you can’t sing along and you can’t necessarily distinguish the words on the first listen. It won’t distract you as much.
3. Classical or instrumental music. This can almost act as white noise. You can’t be distracted if there aren’t any lyrics! But again, for me, classical music doesn’t always work.
4. My personal favorite is white noise such as rain. There are websites that play thunderstorm sounds on loop that make me feel like I’m in my own world cozied up with my textbooks. It’s one of the only things I can listen to and be completely productive with.
5. Silence. It’s honestly the best. It allows your brain to fully focus on and absorb what it is you’re doing. So go search for that empty spot!
When the silence is too much to bare or those girls won’t stop whispering, you can’t let that stop you from succeeding! So find what background noise works best for you.