With finals in full swing, it’s easy to get carried away in the heat of it all and forget to do things for yourself. While studying and working hard is very important, you need to remember to take some stress relieving measures. Stress can wreak havoc on your body, your success, and your motivation.
Here is a list of things you can do to help keep your stress down and your motivation high!
- Give yourself an hour of netflix. Take that time to relax, give your mind a break, and have some fun. Studying for 92873423 hours on end will not help you, it will only burn you out. The hour of a show will refresh your brain and rejuvenate your spirits.
- Take 30 minutes to eat. Your brain needs food too! Take thirty minutes to kick back, eat some food, and not stare at a textbook or screen.
- Phone a friend. Call your best friend at home or another school and talk for 15 minutes about your day. It will give you a mental break and connecting with friends is never bad! And if nothing else, you’ll have someone to complain too.
- Talk a walk. When you’re super frustrated or have a lot on your mind, take a quick lap. Getting your blood flowing will help keep you alert and in the zone.
- Get a good night of sleep! Nothing beats this. You can’t perform if you’re exhausted.
Keep up the good work.